My dad and I are funny about Banana’s, only just after they are green are they edible, its a small window. Not as small as the edible window for a pear, but close. So as soon as a Banana starts going a little spotty and brown – NO, that shall not be consumed, as just a banana. My parents came back to the UK for 4 days and left a whole bunch of banana’s I have tried to get through them, but (oh no, what a shame) I’ve had to make Banana bread.
Please note Multi-tasking skills, and time keeping – don’t want to burn the bread!
3 ripe (GROSS) Banana’s
1/3 Cup of Dairy free butter (I used sunflower based)
1/2 caster sugar
1/2 brown sugar – giving it a nice caramel taste
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1 teaspoon of baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 cup of crushed pecans – for ‘base’
* Mash Banana and Dairy Free Butter in a large bowl
* Mix in sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt
* Add flour in 1/2 cup at time, stirring the whole time.
* Grease a bread tin (I used a 4×8 tin) add the crushed pecans
* Pour in the Banana bread mixture
* Bake for 1 hr in a pre-heated oven at 180c